Thursday, July 16, 2009

3 things you did not know about me


I am participating in Mama Kat's writers workshop. I love her blog, you must go by and check it out!
1. I did not get my license until I was almost 19. In our state you could get them at 15 but I was very sheltered when it came to driving...so it kind of took me a while... Did you know that driving on the wrong side of the road is automatic failure?? Nothin' gets by me, so it only took me ONE time to figure that one out! I tried for my license 5 different times and yep 6th time is a charm! To really throw irony in there, I somehow landed a job as a Fleet Safety Administrator for CDL drivers at a local company to ensure they were driving safely and up to DOT standards... Just to let you know, this was many years later and I had matured at this point and did a great job - ya'll are all safe out there!
2. I love - LOVE chicken. I can eat it for breakfast, lunch & supper, don't even mind a little chicken nugget for a snack in between. Yes, I'm waiting on feathers to grow.
3. I find humor in everything. E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. You tell a joke, I laugh. You fall, I laugh (secretly, in my head - so not to hurt your feelings) Weddings, funerals, sickness, health - all of it, not AT them just during them. I find something humorous in it, whether it's - it took Mrs. Daisy dying before they could finally get the blue out of her hair or it's OK ya'll that I had the flu for 12 days, almost died. I lost 10 lbs and look great now...I'm even thinking of contracting a tapeworm to finish off the last few pounds...I don't know why. Sick and twisted? Yes, but it's how I cope. OK.




9 comments:

  1. That is absolutely AWESOME that you find humor in everything. If there world were filled with more people like you...well...there would be more laughter.

    Over from Kats place reading Writers workshops for today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you clarified that we're safe on the roads now...I was wondering about that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, if i get the stomach flu, i ALWAYS think of that line from the devil wears prada: "i'm just one stomach flu away from reaching my goal weight."

    that, and, "please God, don't let my kids get this."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog:)
    Come back soon!!!
    I ♥ me some chicken too girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though I got my driver's permit when I was 16, I didn't get my license until I was 18. I just didn't feel ready, so I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teach me how to laugh in my head when someone falls, because I haven't quite figured that out.

    I need to grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for stopping by my blog. Your layout is adorable. I wish I could laugh more...can you give lessons?

    ReplyDelete
  8. O.k., now I know you and I would get along just fine, lol! I have a warped sense of humor too. I try to tone it down on my blog, but it does come out from time to time. Just can't help it!

    BTW, I didn't get my license til I was 18 either.

    ReplyDelete