Thursday, November 12, 2009
2. Pouting - Because my daughter (Alli) just said - playful? you? really???
3. Perfect - My kids...what are you laughing at?
4. Pizza - Because it's good.
5. Pancakes - Because there good too.
6. Peace - It's coming, I know it is...
7. Parent - Still working to be good at this one...
8. Pink - Favorite color :)
9. Poop - It happens...
10. Public bathrooms - Ughh!
11. Peanuts - I laugh because of this every time I hear the word...
12. Puppies - Adorable :)
13. Princess - When you ask Abby what she wants to be when she grows up...this is her answer
Be sure to play along over at Kimber's!
Monday, November 2, 2009
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
I'm on Facebook now.
Yes, I just signed up 10 minutes ago and sent out tons of friend request but 5 minutes later I only have 2 friends...
Maybe patience isn't my strong point....
So, look me up!!! Jennifer Wallace Causey
Can I put a link on my blog to facebook???
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
* Allison joined the disc golf club and the archery club at school. I like golf so I get that...Archery? Really?? She thinks it will be cool to shoot a bows & arrows at stuff.
* Abby has her first field trip tomorrow to the Pumpkin Patch. That's all she's talked about for the last 2 weeks.
* The weather today is beautiful!! I love Fall :)
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Yet, don't underestimate the power of love.
Love - let's him see me all frazzled and still think I'm beautiful
Love - gives me patience when he's ill
Love - shows kindness and eats the muffins I burned for breakfast with a smile
Love - is forgiving after an argument over money to pay the bills
Love - compromises and grows after 14 years of marriage...
and he still takes my breath away when he looks at me with those beautiful blue eyes and gorgeous smile
Sunday, October 11, 2009
We've passed a stomach virus around for over a week now -on a positive note - my jeans are loose on me ;)
Anyway, promise to do better this week! Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Another week with Mama Kat! I chose prompt # 1
How I met one of my best friends...
I met Mandy when I was a teenager working at a christian daycare. Even though I have moved a zillion times over the last 15 years, we've always managed to stay in touch.
She's the friend that I can spend 2 hours on the phone with talking about weight or a new hairstyle I want to try and never make me feel superficial for not having anything better to talk about. She's the same girl that drove 2 hours up the road to come get me when I was pregnant with Abby and let me and the kids stay with her for a week. If I need prayer, she's one of the first I call for support. If I need to vent - there she is.
She also has a twisted sense of humor like myself, so when no one else gets what's funny -
I know she will:)
She's the reason I stared a blog - be sure to go check out her's!
We would all be so lucky to have a friend like her!
Friday, September 25, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Friday, September 11, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Thursday, September 3, 2009
1.) Write about a time when you were wrongly wronged.(inspired by myself.)
2.) Geriatric peeping Tom neighbors? Do tell.
3.) Mommy play dates? What's your experience with mom dating?
4.) The first day of...
5.) Share your friendly advice for someone you think needs it (ie your mother-in-law, other drivers, cell phone users, etc.)
1. Isabelle - My niece's middle name
3. Internet - Thank God for it!
6. Imagining - My house clean...
7. Icarly - I have 2 girls...what do you expect...
8. Independence Day - Best holiday for BBQ!
10. Ipod touch- John wants one for his birthday
12. Idaho - Potatoes ...if all else fails go back to food :)
13. I'm - Done!!
There you go my 13 "I's"
If you are playing along link up at Kimber's...
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Then Abby says: [whiny, agitated voice] Why do we have to say the blessing EVERY time we eat??
Then Anthony replies: [the smart, confident boy he is] Because Abby, if we don't - Jesus will make us sick.
Proud parenting moment thrown out the window....
Monday, August 31, 2009
When you receive this award, you must:
Put the logo on your blog/post.
Nominate & link up to 9 blogs which allure, amuse, bewitch, impress or inspire you.
Let them know that they have been splashed by commenting on their blog.
Remember to link to the person from whom you received your Splash Award.
Ok, here it goes...
1. Life as we know it
2. This blessed life
3. Stanton's Journey to Adoption
4. Day in the life of a girl named Kimber
5. My Little Life
6. Stay at home mom
7. The Bubble...
8. The Mom in Little Man's World
9. Should be Cleaning
2. I try to find humor in everything.
3. I may have burned down our house when I was in 3rd grade (but that's another post!)
4. I love super glue/gorilla glue! There's not too much I can't fix with it...or at least try!
5. Long ago when my 2 oldest were little (before there was google) - if my kids asked me a question and I didn't know the answer - rather than say - I don't know -I'd just make something up. (think Waterboy - Adam Sandler...mama says)
6. I am counting down the days to the Season premiere of House.
7. I believe Happiness is a choice. "This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice & be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 TLB"
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
The persistence and willfulness that I loved about him looks more like um ... pigheaded and my determination that he was infatuated with just a few years earlier is now seen as stubborn. His adventurous fearless side now seems more like reckless... and me seeing the world through rose colored glasses??....now interpreted as denial.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
Saturday, August 22, 2009
I've never known the heartache of infertility. I have seen it through my IRL friend Mandy. I've also seen the joy and happiness that adoption brings. I look at sweet little Seth (pictured with Abby) and you can see the love and security that he KNOWS he has from his family. He KNOWS he has a mommy and daddy that would do anything for him and a big sister that would give him the world. Then I read Stephanie's post about her friend Bethany. (who will soon welcome home her sweet little girl from Ethiopia) She and her husband are selling these t-shirts to fund this mission. Did you know the UN estimates there are 6 million orphans living in the country of Ethiopia??? 6 m.i.l.l.i.o.n.
It breaks my heart to think that 6,ooo,ooo sweet little one's out there that are just waiting to feel that love that Seth has and to KNOW that they have a family.
Maybe you're like me
Almost forgot! I entered Stephanie's give away for one of these cool t-shirts and WON!!
Monday, August 17, 2009
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Thursday, August 13, 2009
This is the view from her house, so other than that one night at Oceanic Pier. We stayed on the water. It was a LOT of fun - the sun poison I have now- um, not quite so much...
Ever had one of those moments and you say this would be GREAT on my blog?
... and this???